Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Applebees and a new shirt just made my day.

I was really looking forward to going to see a movie today. I was all ready to see the movie Remember Me and cry by the end while eating nachos, but to my misery nobody else in my house likes Robert Pattinson (my whole family is Team Jacob). So we didn't see a movie, and I was planning to sulk all day and drown in my sorrows, but it didn't need to, because today was actually fun. My family and I took a trip to the famous Long Island (is that a state?) and we went to Applebee's. Even though all my friends say Applebee's is the worst restaurant since White Castle (which I happen to love) I adore Applebee's and their spinach artichoke dip and way too sweet lemonades. I have a lot of good memories in Applebee's, like when my aunt and I saw Mama Mia and went to eat there just because we wanted to waste money in the city. Not that it's that expensive. I do remember one time, though, I was with my parents and my sister and we were shopping and decided to treat ourselves to some Applebee's. Well, they made the decision without me, but I agreed, so I could care less. Well, to our horror, we sat in that booth for a whole half an hour without someone coming to us and even introducing ourselves. I was dumbstruck, and my dad was outraged. Needless to say, we left and ended up eating pizza and buffalo wings at Pizza Hut. Well, back to today. After stuffing our faces with appetizers and soda, we went to Walmart (you ever notice there isn't a Walmart in New York?). I guess my aunt bribed me with food because we spent the next 2 hours in the clothes section looking for a red shirt for a baby. At least I got a shirt that makes me look like Demi Lovato ( who is one of my teen idols). That just shows how being a good person and holding tongue when you want to yell at your aunt to hurry up can get you a reward. The funny thing is the red shirt that we finally found was for a 2 year old, not a one year old. Thank god for that shirt or else I would've lost it.

No comments:

Post a Comment