Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Just Write Anything

What is there to write about school? How we get hours of homework every night? How my day is longer than my mom's nine to five job? How I have to listen to teachers drone on about the Byzantine Empire and draw t-charts trying to prove triangles congruent? School is rigorous,to say the least, and there are some days I wake up in the morning and do not want to go to school and sit in a desk all day reading off a powerpoint and adhering to BRIDGE values. Some days I want to turn off my alarm and sleep till eleven and watch some Spongebob all day. But in the end, that's going to get you nowhere. I mean, yeah, school is hard and long and frustrating half the time, but so is life. And like life,you need to try your best and get over the fact that life sucks. I mean if everyone used the excuse that life is unfair to escape reality, we''d still be living in caves and sitting around a campfire making cave drawings like a neanderthal. I've found that in school, you need to find something that wakes you up in the morning :whether it's wanting to see your friends, or going to gym, because let's face it,your impetus isn't always " the thrill of learning something new."Otherwise you'll be pulling you're hair by its roots and yelling "Why me!"at the top of your lungs.So yeah, UCHS is maddening,but that's what makes it so unique. While everyone else is learning the anatomy of a plant or something, we're learning physics. We need to laugh in the face of adversity and doubt. We're going to get to college while everybody else is working at Mcdonald's and making fries, and this blog will be a documentation of our journey to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment