Monday, March 29, 2010

All the small things

The highlight of my day was falling asleep on my dad's bed with my sister, dad and dog (yes my dog). It's times like those that make me appreciate all the small things, like playing with your little sister and waking up from a nap with your dog licking your face. These things don't happen everyday, and you need to take advantage of all these opportunities because life only comes around once. That's what my dad says. Sometimes you've got to put down your phone and take out your head phones for a second because before you know it you'll be in college and you'll be so busy with life's obstacles that you won't have time for all the small things. On day my dad was lecturing me, he told me he knows that it's inevitable that we'll grow apart, but hopefully when I'm older and less self absorbed we'll get closer. He said one day I'll understand why he was always so hard on me. That really annoys me because I'm going to have to wait till I'm in my twenties, married and successful to finally get why my dad didn't let date at fourteen and ground me for getting the grades I do.That's how life is, though. At least for me, I never really understand why people do the things they do and say what they say till a while has passed by. Have you ever been lost in thought, brooding over you don't know what and WHAM you have a revelation. You think ohhh that's why he said that, or he did like me last year. Sometimes in life, the signs are slapping you in the face, but you don't get it till your forced to face the facts. How I got to this topic is beyond me. This is what I mean when I say I don't get to my point till the end.
I start talking about a small tidbit of my day then next thing I know I get all philosophical like I'm Socrates' niece or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment