Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Somebody once told me

To be honest, I don't really know what to say in this post. I guess I can reflect some more, but there's mot really much to say. Well, I guess that's a lie. I could go on for hours reminiscing on the past, thinking about all the things I've learned over the past five years, the friendships I've developed, the drama Ive caused and learned to steer clear from. All the facts about trees and world history I've ingested. It's crazy how all those things end being forgotten eventually, but you always remember your first crush and your best friend's favorite color. You remember lessons and anecdotes your professors tell you. I guess what I'm trying to say is that school is more than work.It's more than your GPA,even though that's really important. Your parents and all these teachers tell you school will add up in the end, but you don't really believe them till you're older. If your teenage years are the best years of your life (or so they say) why don't you go above going to school, or defying anything that has to do with schools.
High school is for finding who you are.
Someone once told me that soon enough I'll be able to know who I am, not who people think I am, or what I wish I could be. After that, there will be no turning back. It's really hard to accept that you aren't happy with who you are, and your teen years is your chance to organize your priorities as a student and a person. Learn what you want to do with your life, and start the rigorous journey to live your dreams.Let's face it, staring up at the clouds will only get you so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment