Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Just in case I get famous

I've realized that I've never fully introduced myself. I guess I didn't think I should because this isn't only about me. But then i thought, " how can I post on this blog to people who may not know me? Granted, it may be cool to have a bit of mystery between the reader and I. I also didn't think it was that imperative for me to make a formal introduction if the few people who actually knew this blog existed pretty much saw my face every day. But then i decided, hey, in the slight possibility that I become famous for my writings for my posts, I want my fans to know a bit about me.
My name is Shelle (short for Michelle if you didn't know).Music and writing are my vices to life. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart and I spent the first twelve years of my life with my head in the clouds and my nose in a book. It took me more than half of my life trying to fit into the box of Perfection for me to finally accept myself as the unique, quiet and emotional weirdo that I was born to be. My best friend has a confident bubbly soul that always has the consideration to be brutally honest with me since a penchant of mine is running away from the truth. The fattiest thing I eat is fried oreos and I will eat anything in the entire world except olives. The only breakfast I can have every single day if I had to is grilled cheese and choclate milk. My favorite poem is The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe because when I was a kid my dad would read it to me right before I went to sleep every night. I'm a rocker at heart, and if you ever need the lyrics for any Mcfly song I'm the girl for you. Every time I post I listen to Paramore's album Brand New Eyes. When I get angry I love to listen to Eminem, who I will tell anyone is one of the greatest rappers alive. Lastly, the most personal thing I have is my songbook.
Well that's me in a few lines. I feel so famous.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,
    You already ARE famous. I mean, come on, you were featured in a UCHS original movie: The Saber Spring Fling! I really enjoyed reading through your blog. You do an excellent job of blending personal reflection with analysis. Your writing brings out the thematic elements of your experience and illuminates them as larger "high school phenomena." Also, a few personal notes:
    1. I secretly love Eminem, too! : ) Always have, since MY high school days (believe it or not). I went to see 8 Mile on its opening night. We will have to discuss our shared adoration...
    2. Do you prefer being called Shelle? If so, I'm ready for the switch! : )
    3. Two snaps for your POWER WORDS!

    ReplyDelete