Thursday, March 25, 2010

Something to Look Foward To

Well, it's 10:00 at night and Im sitting on the dining room table and I'm writing this post while listening to Rise Against. I have to say, I've come to enjoy posting almost everyday. To be honest, it gives me something to look foward to. Not saying my life is so uneventful that the only fulfilling thing I do is blog. It's just that it helps to be know know matter how banal or maddening my day is, I at least know I can go home and rant about it on my computer and people will read it. Unlike a diary (which I only write in like once a year oddly) I can have my voice heard. It's amazing. I remember when Ms. roth first presented the idea.I was outside one morning shaking her hand, and she told me about how she thought I'd be the perfect person to take on this project. I thought, well how interesting. I get the privilege of reporting what happens in school. Once again, my judgement was dead wrong. ( I'm notorious for this.) It's not just me writing about about what happens in class. If it were that, I wouldn't have a blog, I'd be in charge of the Sentinel or updating Edline. I have tried, I mean really tried to write about exactly what's happened in my day, but by the end, my eyes are drooping and my finger instinctively hits the backspace key. To me, a blog is not like a journal. It's not to say what is happening, but to be the real you, to reflect on life in general, to be witty.Maybe I think this because personally I can't write out what I'm feeling simply. I need to make it reflective and personal at the same time. Usually when I write, it's because I have some point to make.It's like sometimes there's a pain in my chest that won't go away till I write what's going on in my head, and I don't really get down to what I've been meaning to say since the beginning till the end. To me those are the only best ways to write. Like Ben Franklin says , "Speak when there's actually something of importance to say." Wise words from a legendary hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment