Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Writing club is my new favorite class

Saying that I love writing is an understatement. It's my escape, my vice. Ever since I can remember, it's what I love to do. I think it's safe to say that I'm known in my school for being a writer. And I'm proud of it. So of course I'm going to be a member of the writing club. Not only that, one of my best friends is the leader of it, why wouldn't I join? To me, writing is an art. It's expressive and unique. Something you can make your own. It's a beautiful thing, pouring your feelings onto a piece of paper, and watching your emotions spill everywhere. The best part,though, is the weight lifted off your heart and chest when you finally say the right words. The words that perfectly express what you're feeling, even if it's for a moment. I've always been the type of person that found it easier to write what I felt first before actually saying it. It's like there's a big knot of thoughts in my head that don't come always come out right when I open my mouth. But I can always say what needs to be said with a pen and paper. It's a curse and gift at the same time. It's been a struggle, learning to speak- really speak, when there's something to be said, not being afraid to have others hear it.My theory is the only reason I'm good at writing is because it was my only way out. So naturally I became good at it, but only because my mouth didn't work.

1 comment: