Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm freaking out here

My heart's beating so fast it sounds like humming. My mind is racing so fast I'm getting dizzy without even moving. My hands are shaking while I take gulps of air like a fish out of water.

Nobody told us we were having quarterlies.

To me, this is time for me to fail. I know,me Shelle, the happiest girl in school should be excited or something. First of all, I'm not always happy. Nobody's always happy. (Well there are exceptions). If you think I'm happy all the time then you're sadly mistaken. You obviously don't know me. In the end though, it's easier to forget about what really makes you upset and just smile. Distract yourself from your inner insecurities and flaws as much as you can. It would be a lie if I said I didn't hide behind my smile sometimes. (That reminds me of the lyrics to Paper Wings by Rise Against.)Anyway, back to the quarterlies.Time flies by, and when I found out the news, I wasn't all that thrilled. Hours of sitting and taking a bunch of tests for numerous classes. I hate how tests are ultimately the final test of how you succeed in your education. Have you ever been in the situation where you do all your homework and classwork, but for some inexplicable reason your mind blanks when you take a test? It's like a disorder. Inevitable failure on anything of importance syndrome.Yup that's what I have.I just get really distracted easily and my mind flies by before it really registers in my head what I was thinking. Boredom is my worst enemy.
I feel like the quarterlies are going to roll around in seconds flat and no matter if I study for hours at a time, when I sit in that seat and pick up my pencil, anxiety is going to consume me and wash out everything else in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment