Thursday, April 8, 2010

The weirdest thing happened to me.

I was on the train with my mother and sisiter. I was looking for a seat so I could memorize the notes to my song for the piano recital. (Didn't memorize it during the break and now I have to pay the price). So lo and behold, there was an empty seat next to someone. The only reason I actually noticed it was because the woman sitting next tio the empty seat was motioning towards me. Once I finally realized she was talking to me, (like five minutes after) I sat down and was about to take out my When the saints packet. Well I guess this person had a different agenda, because she started asking me questions. Questions like what school did I go to and where iot was located. So at first I was thinking in my brain, okay it's just a curious person who wants to see where I attended high school. I was used to this. You have to be when you've worn such spiffy uniforms for your entire middle school career. It turned out she worked in a private school. Whether or not she was a teacher I couldn't tell. For all I know, she could have been the counselor, but the questions she was asking me were what a teacher would ask me. She was asking me what courses I took, how long the hours were whether or not I was satisfied with the school and so forth. After a while she kind of started lecturing me about the importance of uniforms. I remember her saying "It may not seem like it now, but when you get older you'll realize uniforms were for the best. They make sure you stay completely focused on your studies. Don't waste your life because on what's in style because every minute counts". No matter where I go, I get lectured by someone. It's weird how I knew she worked in a school. She sounded like a physics teacher. I consider myself famous for getting so much attention from a stranger. Granted, she would've never noticed me without the uniform. I guess it give me charm, my uniform. But don't worry fans, I gave UCHS a good name. You can always count on that. You may see that lady as a visitor in school one of these days, and it will be all because of me. Then I'll be able to say to people, hey I know her. We talked on the train once andI owe it all to my uniform. it helped me make a new friend and boost the reputation of the school. Thanks uniform.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting experience, Michelle. I think that my Uncommon bag is similar to your Uncommon uniform in that it gives people an excuse to ask you a question, or perhaps just gives them some context to start a conversation. I kind of like that! Thanks for being such an amazing representative for us! : )

    ReplyDelete