Monday, January 9, 2012

That class called Leadership? I love it.

It gets overwhelming sometimes, thinking about all of the things that are thrown at you at life. Like high school graduation. And the SAT.
It makes you forget about everything else, except for all the stress that you have, and you have this dreadful feeling that you can't control anything in your life, that your future is flying by you so quickly that you can't do anything about it but watch.
But then you find something that's yours, something that you adore, and you forget about all those things that seem uncontrollable.
Because even though you can't help how you feel about someone, or how quickly your life seems to be passing by, you can control this one thing that you've made yours.
And that, to me, is what leadership is.
I can disregard everything else and think about how amazing it would be to have a newsroom for the newspaper, or how amazing it would be to actually have a newspaper, or meet some high school students from other schools that may have the same struggles I do.
Isn't that spectacular?
So I just want to say thank you, Mr. Baker, for giving me a breather from the roller coaster that I now call my life so I can actually pursue things that I love, and make them a reality.

And that class called leadership? I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment