Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Those Days When Life Seems "So High School"

I've never been able to understand the concept of not saying what you mean. Maybe it's because my parents have taught me to be direct, especially to the people you care about.
So it still boggles my mind when I seem to be surrounded by people who have to sugar coat what they're actually trying to say.
I mean, I've said this before. Mean what you say and say what you mean.
Because right now I feel like I'm the only one trying to be honest, trying to show that I care. But now it just looks I'm the person saying everything that everyone else thinks, but can't or won't say.
And I'm trying to be nice, by just giving advice, just being there.
Because I don't want to pry, or make it seem like the things I'm saying are solely based on how I felt when the same things happened to me.
I just want to be honest, because the worst feeling I've ever had is the feeling of knowing everyone knew something, but no one telling me.
But I guess I'm just supposed to keep my mouth shut and stay out of it, right?

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel that way. Unfortunately political correctness has invaded our society in such a way that it is destroying even the simplest of communication. I hate the idea of sugar coating anything because I feel that denying someone the truth is just as terrible as lying. Essentially, they are both the same thing. Always say what you mean. The truth does hurt and sometimes people don't want to hear it. Either say something and mean it or don't say anything at all. Just like what I told you about your writing, not everyone is going to like or agree with what you have to say but the truth is the truth. -Peter Rosado

    ReplyDelete