Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Let's Face it

It's taken me a while to discover that the only person making sure I don't succeed is me. That every time I tell myself that I'm not good at math, or anything else, I'm ensuring that it comes true, because I've made up my mind before I've given myself a chance.
But everyone does that. They tell themselves that they're good at some things and horrible at others, and they accept it. When they fail, they chalk it up to the excuse that it's not one of their strengths.
But who says its not?
Who says that I'm awful at math?
Last time I checked it was only me.
And maybe that's part of why it's so hard, because I've already told myself that it will be. All I'm doing is putting myself into a paradigm.
I don't want to be in that box anymore. I don't want to say I can't do well in precalc, because of the fact that I'm a writer, and writers and math don't go together.
Now I'm just restricting myself.
Because I'm not just a writer. I'm so much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment