Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year Reflection Part 2: The Harsh Realization

Right after making a goal, usually after it's written down, or the first person hears about it, people have the tendency to get really motivated, or if you're like me, you have a montage of success in your mind. But after that initial burst of inspiration, you realize that you actually have to do something.
Which for some people, is a harsh reality.
Now I've always been more of a visionist, starting projects in the middle and abandoning it when I realize that planning needs to be done.
Let me not divulge how many half written books I have written.
But as I get older, and I spend more time in Leadership class, I understand how important action is.
Because anyone can ay their going to do something.
It's actually doing it that counts.
And that, I believe, is the reason so many people tell themselves that goals are useless, that New Years is just a day, that they're exactly the same person they were before.
Of course you are. Nobody changes in one day.
The fact is, a new year isn't about making goals.
That't the easy part.
It's about getting it done. It's about getting farther than the montage of success that rushes through your brian as excitement rushes through you.
It's about finishing that book that you figured out the ending to, but still has plot holes.
That is the harsh realization of the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment