Thursday, July 12, 2012

I'm a Changed Person


After flying across the ocean and spending nine days in Scotland, I feel...older. Wiser.
It was exhilarating, going to a place full of rolling hills, and meeting people who seem worlds apart, but love indie rock as much as I do.
It's almost overwhelming, being exposed to a place that initially seems almost opposite of mine; different accents, food, steering wheels of cars on the right side instead of the left.
It blew my mind.
But I've never felt so alive.
I've never felt so out of my element.
I mean I've been to camp, gone places where I've known absolutely no one. but that's not the same.
I've never had the realization that the world is much larger than New York City.
Until now.
There's a whole other world out there, a whole world that I have yet to explore.
I made so many memories from Scotland that i can't help but want to go back, and make so many more, to plan to explore other countries and cultures in the future.
I'm a changed person.

No comments:

Post a Comment