Friday, December 30, 2011

Lessons Learned This Year

This has become a tradition, compiling the multitude of things I have learned into a list.
The fact is that tomorrow is the last day of the year, of another of my life, where so many thing have happened, things that are both small and large, but valuable all the same.
And sadly, as life goes on, and I get older, I'll forget some of the things that I have learned in my life.
I'm hoping that I look back at this post, and one day this entire blog, when I'm writing for the Chicago Tribune, or the New Yorker, and remember what it was like to be a teenager in high school. teenager falling in love, getting ready for college, laughing, crying, and just living.

Things I've Learned this Year
  1. Everyone should be in a musical
  2. PERFECT practice makes perfect
  3. University of Rochester is the place I want to be
  4. My role model is now Lacey Sturm
  5. I love eyeliner
  6. The instyler does actually work
  7. Facebook is addictive
  8. Adam Levine's voice is amazing
  9. Personality tests lie sometimes
  10. I want be a journalist. Not just any journalist. One that changes the world.
  11. I'm gorgeous :)
  12. Macs aren't actually that complicated
  13. They never tell you who the mother is on How I Met Your Mother
  14. I love that I don't exactly fit in.
  15. Eminem isn't the bet rapper alive. Who is, though, I don't know
  16. Just because I'm a writer doesn't mean I can't struggle with English
  17. Salad is delicious
  18. French dressing is the best dressing
  19. I never get tired of pizza
  20. I can't cut hair
  21. I only write songs when I'm heart broken
  22. I'm the world's worst procrastinator
  23. I desperately want a job
  24. Converses are the best type of sneaker
  25. I'm a hopeless romantic
  26. Really bad movie are the best movies
  27. College is actually real
  28. Heartbreak always sucks
  29. I have a big ego
  30. Never have any regret
  31. I can have a best guy friend
  32. You cant save someone, no matter how hard you try. Only they can do that.
  33. I can be hopelessly oblivious
  34. I'm extremely disorganized
  35. No matter what happens, I'm graduating high school in a year and a half

No comments:

Post a Comment