Thursday, March 10, 2011

This isn't Mean Girls

Now we all know stereotypical high school: you've got the nerds and the geeks, the loners, the kinda popular people, the wannabees, and the queens bees. Now I've seen my share of teen movies and I know how these popular people work, with theory too big ego and imaginary crown that gives them the invisible power to be the united rulers of the school. It was my assumption that UCHS wasn't cliche enough to have the same problem.
Well I guess I wrong.

It turns out our school is exactly the same.
Apparently there's a social ladder that establishes who you are as a person, and rules about where you should SIT because of it. Now did I miss something? Last I checked, anyone could sit ANYWHERE they wanted. Is it just me? Do certain people OWN tables now? Were they auctioned off in the last auction? Because maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, but I don't see ANYONE'S NAMES on tables. So why do people have the AUDACITY to tell ANYONE where they don't belong? Is that how it is now? We have specific tables that we must sit in at all times? Did I miss the memo? Is it in the student handbook:

Rule 3.1 Section SOCIAL HIERARCHY: STUDENTS MUST SIT IN THEIR TABLE AT ALL TIMES. Failure to adhere to this VERY SERIOUS RULE will result in an automatic SUSPENSION.

REALITY CHECK:
IT ISN'T.
And I'm tired of people who assume that it is, that they can rules the school as if this is the next teen movie.
News flash:
IT ISN'T.
I'm not going stand by and watch while some people attempt to order people around as if they were our dictator. This isn't The Soviet Union. Nobody dictates what we do and my friends and I will sit wherever I want. If anybody thinks that they can pretend that they are the kings and queens of the school they better come back to the real world.
Once again,
This is UCHS, NOT Mean Girls.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment