Monday, March 21, 2011

The nonexistent time machine

Let me start this post by saying, do you know how many things would be saved from getting lost if you could go back in time? How many people have heard themselves saying, oh I wish I could go back in time to find that ____ (insert whatever is needed to be found in this blank). Been there, done that. Wait, no. I've actually lived there. (no not really but you get what I'm trying to say here, right?)
I bet that everyone has been victim of uttering the words, "if only I had a time machine..."
Well to everyone who reads this blog and says that, I've got a harsh reality for you. No one has invented the time machine yet.Yes its unbelievable and completely unfair, I know.

So why do we still say it?

I'll tell you why. At those moments where we're completely out of it and not paying attention to our surroundings, we lose things. We put them down, and never pick them up. We throw out bags with things still in them. I mean the list goes on and on. And since we can never get them back most of the time, we need hope that in the future, we'll have that amazing time machine that we can use to pinpoint where in the world we left those pocketbooks nd jackets that we lost.
Well unfortunately for us, we don't have this amazing life saver called a time machine.
We just have ourselves.
So together, we should look back, and remember all of those things we never saw again because of that nonexistent time machine and remember them. And then realize it was because of our careless state of mind, not the nonexistent time machine, that we lost them in the first place.
Think about that as you wonder where it is your phone went, or what ever happened to that scarf you haven't seen since last month.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment