Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rock band camp was Awesome

Thanks to Ms. Lynch, I got to go to a girls rock camp this year. Picture Camp Rock the movie but not a sleep away camp and nobody would randomly start singing and dancing. It was in a building and full of a bunch of cool musicians and instruments and dance parties. I got the pleasure of playing the guitar (because it's awesome) and being in a band for a week. All I can say is too bad it was only a week. There were guitars and drums and basses everywhere and the teachers were usually in there own bands like The Homewreckers. I saw my first punk and metal performances and my guitar teacher taught me to play Green Day songs. There was band practice and workshops that taught you how to make band art and make zines. It was one of the best weeks of my summer and is one of the reasons I'd like to have a band in UCHS, the other reason being that I learn, live, love rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment