Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Last a Lifetime

I used to think I believed in people too much.

I've invested too much into the wrong relationships to the point where I'm the one getting hurt. But looking back, I know now that I wouldn't change anything I've done, just because I wouldn't necessary repeat them in the future. Making a mistake doesn't mean that you allow it to become a regret.

Say, for example I have someone really important to me that needs some motivation and I decide to call them up and give them a mini speech on the importance of investing in their education, using individual experiences as examples and words of wisdom.

The old me would've expected them to jump at the opportunity to take my advice, and anything else would have infuriated me. And every once in a while, I would think I should've never said anything.

But the thing is, I wish I didn't worry about caring too much about certain people. I wish I didn't think that I should've kept my mouth shut.

I can't control what people do with what I tell them, but I can control what I tell them, and how much I show that I'm only here to provide support.

Because the most important people in my life, the people that keep me honest and true, are the ones who aren't afraid to tell me when I'm off my game, or when they're worried about me.

And if there's one thing I've learned is that you should treat others the way you want to be treated.

I've met a lot of people in my life, but the most inspiring ones are the ones who let their words speak for themselves.  So I don't want to worry about caring too much in the future, In fact, I want to make sure the people I care about know that I care. Then, I can continue to forge those relationships that will last a lifetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment