Sunday, March 17, 2013

Losing my Mind and Brain Cells

The problem with television is that I use it to turn off all the noise in my head, but the shows that are on television today are such garbage  that anyone with a brain would have to think about how terrible it is that these even exist. 

For thirty minutes, I watched  Wicked Single, a show where these almost thirty year olds preach that age is just a number, while downing vodka and redbull and dancing on table tops, then waking up the next day with a hangover claiming to feel like "a hundred bucks."

I have no words.

Actually I do, several in fact. The fact that this show was made, so that  these people could act like idiots on television and are paid an exorbitant amount of money to do so, while all they do is perpetuate all the stereotypes of an entire city and population of people, is infuriating.

These people will probably make more money in one season of this show than I'll make in my entire life, even after I  get my degree, masters, and go to law school.

Does that make sense, seeing as education is the key to success?

What I want to know is, when are teachers and public defenders going to get paid more? When is television going to be something more than a way for advertisements to force feed us their rhetoric so when can buy more useless material?

This county's idea of success is skewed, and the garbage our society is littered with just perpetuates it further. 

I need to stop watching television, because I'll either  lose my mind marveling at this ridiculousness  or lose some brain cells from the trash that's promoted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment