Monday, January 24, 2011

Quarterly Week

Well here we are, once again, getting ready to take huge exams that are 15 percent of our grades. Everyone is stressed out and racking their brains to remember all the things we have learned this year. There are classes where we know once we look at the test we'll get that sinking feeling that we will completely fail this test. I don't want to feel that way about any test, and I know that I am not the only one. It's natural for us to feel stressed out about all the studying we have to do for every class. The quarter is almost done, but right now it feels as if the year has barely begun. It can become really challenging to balance school and being a human being. I've been in situations where I'm so stressed out that I can't think straight. It can really disable you and consume you to the point where you live and breathe what your grades are. Take it from someone who spent her middle school years feeling trapped in a figurative box of perfection because of the stress of grades, balance is very important. It's still hard for me to not get too carried away with grades and academics. You burn yourself out that way, and then you're stuck being exhausted and miserable but at the same time anxious to the point of insanity.

1 comment: