Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I want

When I'm fresh out of college, I want to work in a big building, with these huge glass windows. I want to have a little cubicle surrounded by other people who share the same love of writing that I do. I want to have meetings with my coworkers brainstorming about what the next issue of the magazine should look like, or what should be written about next in the newspaper. I want to have the satisfaction of seeing my name in print in a newspaper. I want to live on a pretty street full of trees and brownstones in a little apartment that kind of looks like crap, but I love it because it's all mine.I want to work in the midst of a city with people all around me in business suits, pencil skirts, and high heels.I want to go to a coffee shop every morning for breakfast. I want to fall in love and kiss on the doorstep of my tiny apartment after a date.
And after I get tired of that, I want to be able to say that I'm moving up to be editor, or on to a higher building, or a house.
One thing I know for sure, though, is that no matter what happens, my dream of writing for a living will never diminish.

No comments:

Post a Comment