Saturday, September 1, 2012

Senior Year..It's Here

So it's official. Summer came and went before i could complete all of the things on my summer bucket list. Seriously, it feels as if I went to sleep on the first day of summer and next thing I know, my alarm went off at five thirty because it was the first day of my senior year.
Wow that feels weird, saying that.
I'm still calling the new juniors sophomores, and yesterday I wrote OSU for my house on my Environmental Science Do Now.
But no, it's true. I spent my entire first day of school defining the word citizenship and strategizing how to sell my school on Twitter.
And soon enough, I'll be going upstairs during lunch for office hours, after school in Essay clinic workshops, and spending my nights sitting at my dining room table, doing homework.
Just like junior year.
But it isn't like junior year, because college is no longer this distant dream I can fantasize about, it's something I actually have to apply for. I can no longer say, "Well there's always next time," because there's barely any time left.
Life has suddenly become terrifyingly real and the opposite of what I expected it to be.
I didn't expect to have collegiate prep first period. I didn't expect to have to write an essay in spanish on the second day of school. I didn't expect to be advised to apply to a community college as a safety school. I didn't expect to see so many unfamiliar faces in my school this year. I didn't expect to be thinking about going to a CUNY for at least two years before attending my dream school.
But I guess that's what happens  when you become a senior and you have to make these life changing decisions that didn't  seem real until about a month ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment