Monday, June 4, 2012

Internship Days

It feels weird going back to school. Granted, I spent my internship on the sixth floor of my school building.
 But still.
I was acting.
And if there's one thing I learned in my internship it's that the acting is its own separate world.
It's a world where everyone is their own unique character, where people talk about contracting and expanding their life body, where the Meisner technique is used in everyday conversation.
And spending two weeks of my life immersed in the world of acting was eye opening.
When I was in that dance studio, saying my monologue, singing Amazing grace, or embodying a drunk flapper, the rest of the world didn't exist.
So maybe I don't want to become a renowned actor, and make it a career. But spending two weeks with my fellow interlocutors, and meeting people who were completely different but all shared a love for acting is something most people don't get to experience everyday.
And that experience is something I want to continue to enjoy on Friday, in Scotland, next year, and even in college.
Hey, you never know, maybe I will be an actor in ten years. 

PS. If I didn't make it clear, us Scotlanders are debuting our piece Grab the Land on Friday at five. Hope the dance studio is full,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment