Monday, August 18, 2014

Shift in Goals

So I'm pretty upset at myself for not taking time out of my life to post on this. This blog, this gift, has given me the opportunity to connect with others in a way I felt like was impossible and I honestly took it for granted. In order to make up for the months I've been missing, I want to reveal to everyone what I've been doing over the summer and the new direction I'm hoping to go in with this blog.

So this summer, I had the amazing opportunity to intern at the Brooklyn Community Pride Center in Downtown Brooklyn. I've met intelligent people, attended multiple leadership workshops, learned a overwhelming amount of information, and even went to Minneapolis for a National Gathering created by the GSA Network. While this experience has had a immense impact on me, I need to give a special thanks to my life coach, Jordana. For the past 2 months, Jordana has pushed me to pursue something I'm really passionate about. As my time with her is unfortunately coming to a end, she's helped me realize one of my strongest passions : giving advice. I have a deep love for helping others and giving back to those who need it. I enjoy being that person that people can go to when they feel as though no one else is willing to listen. Which is why I've been inspired to somewhat shift the goals of this blog. Rather than talk all about my own problems, I would love to hear those of others. I want to make this my very own Advice Column!

Basically what I hope to achieve is for others to find refuge and inspiration in my words. I want it to be solely based on emails(which I will provide at the end) from anyone, even you, expressing anything that's going on in your life and allowing me to post my advice on here about it(can be anonymous if requested). Not only will you be able to hear a second opinion, but you would also be allowing me to put my dreams into a reality. I would really appreciate it if I was given a chance to actually do this because I'm very serious about it and will try my best to be as open and honest as possible. My intention is to simply be there for people, to listen and respond. I'm here as a friend, not a authority.

With that being said, I am in no way, shape, or form a professional/licensed/authorized advice giver. I'm simply a 16 year old young adult aspiring to bring his very own dreams to life. Nothing of what I do is for money, charity, or any form of profit. My advice is also neither wrong or right, and no one is authorized to do as I say.

Once again, I'd be honored if anyone of any sort gave me a chance to try to help them through anything that may be going on in their lives. I promise you won't regret it! Just email me at m.rodriguez@uchsstudents.org . I'll get back to you asap and hopefully this becomes a success. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment