Sunday, April 21, 2013

It's Wonderful Isn't It?

This college process has not been an easy one, and hasn't always been fun for me, which I'm pretty sure a lot of you know. But in the end, it becomes completely worth it when you find the perfect school for you, that school that you know in your heart you're going to attend.

It's been a long process. I mean, I remember when Syracuse University was the only school I saw myself in. Now look at me.

Tomorrow I'm going to commit to Bay Path College.

Who knew an award from a small women's college in Massachusetts would change my life? But the thing is, it wasn't just the award. It was the handwritten notes I received. It was that I can text admissions counselors any questions I have, that the teachers in my future legal studies classes are lawyers, attorneys, and judges who know their students by name. It was that first conversation with a freshman I had, and the last conversation I had with an alumni who not only empowers me to follow my dreams and her footsteps of becoming  a lawyer, but is so happy for me that she's  willing to help me in any way possible.

The fact is, I've found a school that truly makes me happy, which makes all the applications with five different parts, all the stress, all the arguments with people trying to tell me what school would be a better fit for me, all the nights spent on the phone with my best friend talking about how it feels as if  I'm growing up too fast, completely and utterly worth it.

And the wonderful thing is, I wouldn't change any of it, because whose to say that if I did I would be as happy with the decision I'm about to make as I am right now?




No comments:

Post a Comment