Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It Will Make Sense Along the Way

I've been stressing out lately, and asking myself all of these questions that I can't answer.
I have the tendency to do that, freak out about everything.

My friends like to tell me that I need to calm down.

The funny thing is,  a lot of the things I stress out about are things I don't really need to be thinking about yet.

Like how I'm going to pay for law school when I haven't gone to college yet.

And it's kind of weird, because I used to to be a person that always wanted to do everything and anything.

I never really had one dream job, but a million of them.

I wanted to be a writer who studied government, acted in shows on my own time, and taught Spanish on weeknights just because.

And now I've realized, I'm still the same way. I guess I just thought that I had to have everything figured out.

But I don't.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not just wait and see, everything will work out in the end. I'm usually naturally a little stressed out, remember?

But I've forgotten all the things that I want to be when I grow up. I've forgotten that I don't have to choose one thing, one university, one law school. I can figure it out as I go.

Someone once told me that one-track planning is poor planning. I'm thinking about making that into a sign for my wall in my room, so every time I start freaking about the price of law school, or what specific type of psychology I want to study in college, I'll take a second to breathe and just wait to  figure it out naturally.

But that doesn't mean I don't still want to be Governor of New York. A girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment