Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Today I was supposed to go stay for the Stress Workshop but there was a family emergency and I had to leave. I still want to say what stresses me out, though, to admit that I do beat myself up about a lot of things. So here goes: I'm constantly stressed out about math classes and whether or not will succeed. The worry is not whether or not I will pass. I know I can pass with at least a meager 75 even if I don't exert 100% effort and barely try. But what is that? That's not going to to get me into Syracuse. Not a chance. The fact the I don't really always understand Algebra and that I have to always try harder than everyone else does, and half the time I don't exceed over an 80 is frustrating. It's always been math. I'm someone who aces essays and the humanities. Writing is my passion and I can read a Harry Potter book in about a week if I really want to. The fact that there are times where people believe math is more important than English, being that it is in everything that you lay your eyes on really stresses me out.It's not one of my strengths and I can't help but freak out when I get a quiz back, or my homework answers turn out to be wrong. I hope it will get easier, but I doubt it since it never has ever since I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment