Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Find something to keep you going

To me, the hardest thing to find is motivation. My dad likes to tell me that potential is nothing if you don't have motivation. You need something to keep you going. Some people just naturally have the tenacity to continue to fight till the end no matter what. Like my mother. I, on the other hand, have a bit of a problem when it comes to attention span. Boredom is my worst enemy and music and writing are my only vices. The only way to survive life and everything that comes with it is by finding something that you can look forward to and sticking to it. Especially with school, where you can become drowned in your stress, it's good to have something to keep you going. If you don't, you can go insane with anxiety, or just stop caring altogether and become complacent. That's one of the worst things that can happen, being satisfied with being mediocre. You should always strive for more, even though it's really hard. Always have that dream in the back of your mind that will keep you on your toes. For me, my dream is me standing in front of a crowd with a microphone in myhand, and my words from my heart on the tip of my tongue as I sing it out. That's what I think about when I don't want to do physics homework, or I want to fall asleep in Global (sorry Mr. Baggs,don't take it personally).
Everyone should have one. I just think about it and my skin comes alive and my heart is rejuvenated. That's my something that keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment